Discover three cities in one day on a full-day tour of Segovia, Avila and Toledo from Madrid. We will depart early and head for Segovia, where we will start with a guided tour accompanied by our official guide, taking us around Segovia’s historic centre. Find out why this city is a UNESCO World Heritage site. We will stroll through the city’s main square – Plaza Mayor, beholding monuments such as the aqueduct and the cathedral and we will enter the former royal palace and fortress – the Alcazar Real.
Then we will leave for Avila. Visit Avila’s historic centre and discover the legacy of this city declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Be amazed by its fascinating history!
The route will continue along a stretch of the famous Walls of Avila. How has it been preserved to the present day? We will reveal these questions on the thick wall that surrounds the city’s entire historic centre as we head toward the Roman necropolis.
Here we will make a rest stop for a lunch in a local restaurant in the old town, where we will enjoy a typical Iberian Traditional Meal.
We will continue our trip heading for Toledo, our third stop of the day and our third city declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Toledo has a long-standing Christian, Jewish and Muslim tradition. Therefore, it is also known as the city of three cultures. We will not only visit the most representative places of each one of these cities on this tour, but we will also visit some precious hidden nooks and crannies only known to a few locals.
Join us and discover the secrets of Spain’s second largest cathedral with our official guide.
Delight in the best panoramic views of the city from on high, at the tower of Los Jeronimos Church.
Our tour ends in Toledo, visiting one of the city’s most magical and hidden gems. We will enter a monastery of cloistered nuns, where we will taste typical Toledan marzipan, the jewel in the crown of the city’s pastries.
The nuns will show us a recipe that has been passed down from generation to generation for centuries.
At the end of your tour (the experience lasts around 11 hours), you will return to the centre of Madrid in a comfortable minibus, where your guide will be able to recommend things to do during the rest of your stay.
Have fun and feel unique in your experience in a Premium Small Group tour.
- Discover and visit 3 cities that are UNESCO World Heritage sites in 1 day.
- Guided tour of Segovia, Avila and Toledo, given by a professional guide.
- Marvel at Segovia’s well-preserved Roman aqueduct.
- Visit Spain’s first Gothic cathedral.
- Enter and explore Segovia’s Alcazar – former royal palace and fortress.
- Explore Avila on foot and visit the Convent of Santa Teresa.
- Discover Avila’s 11th-century medieval walls.
- Tour the Gothic Primate Cathedral of Toledo.
- Make a stop at a cloistered convent in Toledo and meet the nuns living there.
- Savour the Toledan marzipan, a home-made dessert created to a centuries-old recipe.
- Surprise yourself with the best views of Toledo from on high, climbing to the top of a bell tower, one of the city’s hidden gems.