A hot air balloon flight is an activity for all ages that can be shared between friends, family or colleagues. From the first flame that inflates the balloon, to the last breeze upon landing, balloon flights are a unique experience to remember for a lifetime, discovering the unforeseen surprises of the landscape from up on high, guided by the morning breeze.
The 1-hour flight over the city of Segovia always takes place first thing in the morning, taking advantage of the weather conditions and soft breezes of dawn. We will arrive at the take-off point with sufficient time to observe the inflation of the balloon and receive instructions from its pilot.
During the flight over the aqueduct, the Cathedral and the former royal palace and fortress – the Alcazar Real, we may reach heights of up to 1,000 meters. We will receive pictures and videos taken during the flight, an expert pilot with years of experience will show us all the details on how the balloon works. A ceremony will be held at the end of the flight complete with champagne, breakfast and a certificate when you touch down.
This tour is an amazing chance to get a different perspective of Segovia, declared a World Heritage site by UNESCO. A perfect experience for those who have never flown in a balloon, and for those who want to relive a previous flight.
Continuing the tour and heading for Segovia, we will discover the Roman aqueduct, a UNESCO World Heritage site, on a walking tour led by our official guide. Marvel at this emblematic 1st-century monument, considered Spain’s most important example of Roman-era civil engineering. In addition, and to bring this unforgettable day to a climax, we will visit Spain’s first Gothic cathedral and the former royal palace and fortress – the Alcazar Real, built on a cliff at the confluence of two rivers near to the Sierra de Guadarrama mountain range.
At the end of your tour you will return to the centre of Madrid in a comfortable minibus, where your guide will be able to recommend things to do during the rest of your stay.
- Experience flying in a hot air balloon over Segovia, one of the most beautiful places to fly in Spain.
- Be amazed by the incredible views and the feeling of freedom that a balloon flight can give you.
- Fly with expert pilots and experienced hot-air-balloon professionals over some of the world’s most famous sites.
- Get the photos of your experience and a flight certificate.
- Marvel at Segovia’s well-preserved Roman aqueduct.
- Visit Spain’s first Gothic cathedral.
- Enter and explore Segovia’s Alcazar – former royal palace and fortress.
Important Information: Minimum age allowed to join the tour is 9 years old.